Friday, March 4, 2011

Joshua's 3rd Birthday!

So, Josh couldn't decide what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday. He was torn between Mickey Mouse and Car (Lightning McQueen), so I decided to combine them. I don't think it turned out too bad considering I had to practically decorate it with my fingers cause the frosting wouldn't stick to the cake with the spatula. Not too shabby. Now I'll get twice the practice every year, so maybe in a few years, I might actually be decent at decorating.
Josh got some fun stuff for his birthday which included: a trike (which he actually got 2 weeks earlier cause the weather was nice), a lego bus from Nonna and Nonno, the cars on the cake (the above are by far his favorite), a soccer ball, Mobigo game pad (he'd rather play with his cars or outside) and some shirts. Josh isn't too fond of electronic games and such, which is fine by me. I prefer learning the old fashioned way...on paper and in books!
I'll try to get more pictures up of his birthday soon. I have to get them off the camera.

1 comment:

  1. That is a super cute cake! I think you did a great job! Sounds like a great birthday for a little boy. I really like how you combined Mickey withe racing in such a great way. I never would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete