Monday, October 8, 2012

Nauvoo/ Day to Serve

 I got the opportunity to drive with my brothers (Steven and Mark) to Nauvoo to see our sister Julie get married to uncle Charlie!  It was a long, quick trip, but it was beautiful!!!

So, we had a multi-state day of service with VA, MD, D.C., and WV.  It was completely awesome.  They had about 40 different tables set up in the cultural hall at the church sharing different organizations and opportunities to serve year round.  We also had 2 Eagle Scout projects going, a blood drive and food drive.  Look who showed up to do his share of service.  I helped with one of the eagle scout projects making blankets for 'Safe Harbor'.  This has been an on going project for the past year or so, and other wards have started helping as well.  I also helped with the food drive and we had great success within our stake. I believed we had collected about 33,000 lbs. of food for our local food banks and still counting.  Thanks too all the members and Giant Food stores within our stake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment